Since her admission as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya, Hui Juan focuses her practice on dispute resolution. She assists in a wide range of commercial and construction disputes before all levels of Malaysian courts. She has been involved in arbitration and arbitration related applications in Court since her first year of practice.
Hui Juan also works closely with an experienced adjudicator impanelled with the Asian International Arbitration Centre (AIAC) for several adjudications worth millions between them initiated under the Construction Industry Payment and Adjudication Act 2012 (CIPAA).
Hui Juan advises companies on commercial agreements and risk management. She has experience in advising, reviewing, and drafting various agreements including, amongst others, tenancy agreements, electronic trading agreements, purchase of product and services agreements. To date, she has worked with several market leaders including a global energy company, a listed construction company and one of the largest co-working space companies in Malaysia.
Hui Juan’s experience also extends to corporate exercises, such as initial public offering (IPO) and due diligence. She was part of the team that assisted a company with the listing of a division on the Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited (HKEX) Main Board Market.
Dispute Resolution & Litigation
- Construction, Engineering, Infrastructure & Projects
- Corporate Litigation & Risk Management
Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya
- LL.B (2nd Class Upper Honours), University of Liverpool
- Certificate in Legal Practice
English, Bahasa Malaysia, Mandarin
- COVID-19 Act: Impact on Leases and Tenancy Agreements of Non-residential Immovable Property
- CIPAA: court has no discretion to set aside adjudicator’s costs order
- Impact of the MCO on Contracts for Private Sectors specifically on Timelines
- Impact of the MCO on Tenants