Mun Yan holds an active litigation portfolio since her admission to the Malaysian Bar as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya. Her areas of focus include commercial disputes, contractual disputes, negligence, and defamation suits.
Mun Yan works closely with leading financial institutions in Malaysia. Her scope of work covers insolvency, restructuring and recovery actions. Notably, she advises and act for major insurance companies in actions brought against the insurers. Her experience in insurance and reinsurance claims include acted for a conglomerate corporation in several personal injury claims and represented international hotels in negligence suits.
Mun Yan also represents real estate developers in various suits concerning commercial and construction disputes. Her specialisation extends to all aspects of land and property disputes, where she has assisted in several highly contested construction disputes and representing developers against claims by main contractor and piling contractor. She advises issues relating to strata title and strata management, since the introduction of the strata management regime regulating stratified buildings in Malaysia.
Mun Yan obtained her Bachelor of Laws from the University of Malaya.
Dispute Resolution & Litigation
- Banking & Finance
- Insurance & Reinsurance
- Real Estate
- Restructuring & Insolvency
Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya
LL.B (Hons), University of Malaya
English, Bahasa Malaysia, Mandarin
- Court rules that management corporation may sue developer for latent defects in common property
- Can management corporations stop parcel owners from operating Airbnbs?
- Apex court rules that maintenance charges owed by parcel proprietors constitute unsecured debts
- COVID 19: The Duty of JMB/MC in Managing the Stratified Development Area during CMCO
- Strata Management Act 2013: FAQs on Exemption Orders